- Adheres to wall or door
- Spot turns gray or black when CO is present
- Spot returns to original color when air is clean
- Lasts for three months once opened
- Laboratory tested for accuracy
- Accurate and reliable results
- Can also be used in boats, aircraft and RVs and more!
Once you have tested your home or office, you can then make any changes necessary to protect you and your family from further exposure to carbon monoxide. If you have any questions, please call PRO-LAB at 954-384-4446 to speak with an environmental testing specialist.
What is Carbon Monoxide?
Carbon monoxide is an odorless, tasteless, and colorless gas which is caused by incomplete combustion of fossil fuels from
- Natural Gas
- Fuel oil, wood or coal and any other type of fuel.
It is estimated that carbon monoxide causes as many as 1,000 deaths per year in the United States.
Carbon monoxide gas can be emitted by
- Fire places
- Gas heaters
- Gas stoves
- Gas or oil furnaces
- Wood, coal or gas dryers
- Gas barbeques
Recommended test areas are: homes, kitchens, furnace areas, garages, cars, RVs, campers, boats,airplanes,wood stoves, fireplaces, space heaters and water heaters. Caution: The sensor button will be damaged by halogens, ammoniac and nitrous gases. Keep away from cleaners, solvents and other contaminants. Harsh direct sunlight will bleach out sensor button and shorten useful life.
Order a test kit today and breathe easier knowing that you are safe!
- Do you have a gas or oil burning furnace in your home or office?
- Do you have a working fireplace?
- Do you have a gas clothes dryer?
- Do you have a gas or oil burning water heater?
- Do you have a kerosene, gas, or oil burning space heater?
- Do you or someone you know start their automobile in the garage with the door closed?
If you answered YES to any of the above questions, then you and your family are at risk of suffocating to death by INVISIBLE and ODORLESS CARBON MONOXIDE GAS!
What is Carbon Monoxide?
Carbon Monoxide is a lethal gas produced in normal amounts whenever you use an appliance which burns a combustible fuel. Combustible fuels include gas, oil, kerosene, charcoal and wood. When proper ventilation of appliances becomes blocked, carbon monoxide concentrations build up inside your home and become deadly.
Because carbon monoxide is invisible, tasteless and odorless, its victims may never know there is something wrong until it’s too late. It often takes the lives of whole families. Children and the elderly are the first to be overcome along with pets. Over 2,500* people in the United States will die each year of carbon monoxide poisoning and over 10,000 will be hospitalized.
Most victims who lose consciousness may be left with permanent brain damage, mental and speech disorders, vision and hearing impairments, seizures, coma or death.
Why Should I Worry?
Carbon Monoxide quickly replaces vital oxygen in the blood which results in suffocation from the inside out. It could take as little as 3 minutes, depending on the level of concentration. Since you cannot see, hear, taste or smell carbon monoxide, the only way to protect your family is to recognize the symptoms and install a carbon monoxide detector.
Symptoms to watch for:
- headaches, drowsiness, dizzineess an confusion
- nausea, vomiting and rapid heartbeat
- unconsciousness, coma and death
- everyone in the house is feeling ill at the same time
- it feels as though you have the flu Common Causes of In-Home Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- Malfunctioning or improperly vented heaters and furnaces
- Blocked passageways in chimneys and flues
- Paint removers which contain methylene chloride and which the body absorbs and converts to carbon monoxide
- Depressurization in the house (“backdraft”).
Understanding the Meaning of CO Concentrations
- 9 ppm (0.0009%) Maximum allowable concentration for short term exposure in a living area
- 35 ppm (0.0035%) Maximum allowable concentrations for continuous exposure in any 8-hour period
- 400 ppm (0.04%) Frontal or slight headaches within 1-2 hours becoming life threatening after 3 hours
- 800 ppm (0.08%) Dizziness, nausea and convulsions within 45 minutes. Unconsciousness within 2 hours. Death within 2-3 hours.
- 1600 ppm (0.16%) Headache, dizziness and nausea within 20 minutes. Death within 1 hour.
- 3200 ppm (0.32%) Headache, dizziness and nausea in 5-10 minutes. Death within 30 minutes.
- 6400 ppm (.64%) Headache, dizziness and nausea 1-2 minutes. Death within 10-15 minutes. 12800 ppm (1.28%) Death within 1-3 minutes.
Click for Product Information Sheet