EVACU-AID Triage Tag
Click to enlarge image(s)
- Triage Tags is a tool first responders and medical personnel use during a mass casualty incident i.e., triage.
- With the aide of the triage tags, the first-arriving personnel are able to effectively and efficiently distribute the limited resources and provide the necessary immediate care for the victims until more help arrives.
- Simple Triage and Rapid Treatment (START) is a strategy that the first responders and medical personnel employ to evaluate the severity of injury of each victim as quickly as possible and tag the victims in about 30-60 seconds.
- The triage tags are placed near the head and are used to better separate the victims so that when more help arrives, the patients are easily recognizable for the extra help to ascertain the most dire cases.
- Sold individually.
- Black - deceased
- Red - seriously injured, in need of immediate medical attention to save life
- Yellow - seriously injured but not immediately life-threatening, medical attention can be delayed
- Green - non-serious injuries or "walking wounded"
Click for more Great Information on Triage