Yamaha EF2800i Inverter Generator
Click to enlarge image(s)
- The EF2800i weighs just 68 pounds, making it the lightest generator in its class. The key is the multi-pole rotor with a small stator. This design is smaller and lighter than a conventional two-pole alternator with a large stator—and it helps make the EF2800i extremely portable.
- With the EF2800i, Yamaha has created one of the quietest generators in its class (64-67 dBA). Our engineers looked at the total design, and then made changes where they would be most effective: engine operating speed, intake noise, exhaust noise, and valve train noise.
- The EF2800i—with its inverter system—features Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) so wavelength distortion is less than 2.5 percent, making it ideal for equipment that requires stable frequency and voltage, such as computers or other sophisticated electronics.
- Yamaha’s Smart Throttle feature automatically adjusts engine speed to match the load. The result is quiet running, maximum fuel efficiency, and a run time of 15 hours at ¼ rated load.
- Yamaha’s Oil Watch warning system prevents engine damage, avoiding costly repairs and minimizing down time.
- Inverter system with Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) control —Can power computers, or computer-controlled electric tools or devices
- Smart Throttle — Improves fuel economy and reduces noise
- Multi-pole alternator — Excellent power output to weight ratio
- GFCI (Ground Fault Interrupter Circuit) — Helps reduce the risk of shock
- OHV engine — Improved efficiency, increased reliability quieter operation
- Cast iron cylinder lining — Provides long engine life and consistent performance during continuous use
- Oil Watch Warning System — Prevents engine damage, avoiding costly repairs and minimizing down time
- USFS-approved spark arrestor — Reduces chance of fire caused by an errant spark
- Noise suppressor — Reduces electrical interference with TVs and radios
- Specially designed muffler — Reduces noise and weight
- AC non-fuse thermal circuit breaker — Added durability and peace of mind
- 12-volt DC output — Recharge 12 volt batteries for RV, auto, marine, etc.
- Open frame design — Provides a lighter weight and large gasoline capacity
- EPA & CARB Emission Engine Life Rating — Yamaha generators have the longest emission engine life ratings issued by the environmental Protection Agency and the California Air Resources Board
- 50 state legal — Meets emmision regulations, including CARB
Type: Brushless, Inverter
Maximum AC Output: 2800 watts
Rated AC Output: 2500 watts
Rated / Maximum AC Current: 20.8 / 23.3 amps @ 120V
Engine: OHV, air-cooled, single cylinder, 4-stroke
Overall Length: 19.2 in
Overall Width: 15.6 in
Overall Height: 16.7 in
Dry Weight: 68 lb
Fuel Tank Capacity: 2.6 gal
Continuous Operation at Rated Load: 15 hr
Noise Level: 64-67 dBA
Warranty: 3 Years Limited Warranty (except commercial/rental use = 2 year warranty)
This item is considered an oversized or overweight item by the United Parcel Service. This will result in an additional charge for shipping at checkout. You will only be charged the amount it costs to ship the item to your location.